Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Monday, October 30, 2006

The Final Chapter Begins

Ok, so a couple of weeks ago I mentioned that a GirlatWork told me that one of my nemesi, the Faux-Physicist, has a thing for me. And you want to know the latest developements in that arena don't you? Sure you do.

Last Thursday and Friday he followed me all over the store. I went to the stock room, he went to the stockroom. I went up front, he went up front. It was not subtle. All my coworkers noticed and they all had a good laugh. (Hey, I've got a good sense of humor so it really doesn't bother me. He's the one who looks stupid). I was ignoring him Friday morning, kicking the empty boxes out of the way that he was leaving everywhere. I had my headphones on and he was like "Oh, uh, ah, I'm sorry. This stuff is in the way....Oh, can you here me?...Oh, I guess you can't hear me. Ok then." Idiot.

I have a little quiz for you.
If someone ignores your existance completely to the point of rudeness would you assume:
A. They despise the very sight of you and very much wish you'd stop talking to them.
B. They're just shy, but they really want to talk to you.
C. They're playing hard to get with you. You go, you sexy thing.
D. They never speak to you because it is taking all of their concentration not to rip off the both of your clothes and have sex with you right there on the spot because they want you soooo bad.
Yeah, it's probably "D", but we don't have to tell the Faux-Physicist that, he already knows. Of course it could be "C" or even "B" too.....

Yesterday I stopped in to work and the F-P happened to come sashaying in with his letter giving his 2-week notice (and there was much rejoicing, unanimously). This morning the GirlatWork came up to me and said "I'm sorry" as she handed me a slip of paper with the freaking Faux-Physicist's name and number on it! Can somebody get this guy a clue? Helloooo. We are not friends so there's no reason for you to try and keep in touch with me after you quit. And if this is some sort of lame way of asking me out by proxy I have one thing to say, "Grow a pair, will ya?"
It's not that I'm not flattered by his continued infatuation with me. I suppose that some might find that sort of tenacity endearing. I don't understand, it's like he's so oblivious that he's gone right out through the other side. Where do people like this come from?

There is only one thing I know: I am the Queen of the Wierdos. They love me and I. Can't. Make. Them. Stop.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home