Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Dilemmas

Halloween is approaching. Let's just be honest, Halloween has to be one of the best, if not the best holiday of them all. First of all, you get to dress up. Sweetness. And if you're like me you try to get as much out of this one holiday as possible. If I have more than one opportunity to dress up I try to have different costumes so I get as much milage out of Halloween as I can. And candy, everybody loves candy. Except for candy corn, which is not food. And just to top it off we get to go out and get drunk while dressed up.

So I need to get a costume together. I will be offered at least two opportunites to dress up. I have a pirate costume pretty much ready to go. So that's one, and if it all comes together well I might use it more than once because pirates are awesome. Other ideas include a robot (also cool), emo chick ( I might have to do this, I have some hilarious ideas), or making some cardboard armor and being a warrior babe.

Second dilemma, this is the big one.
I have two comic strips. I created a second blog for one Something Completely Different which is actually the side project. It's just a bunch of random one panel comics with no real theme. My other comic strip is my primary focus. I've been working on it for three years, I have hundreds of strips, and I want to start posting them. There's just one teensy tiny problem. I've been unable to come up with a name for it that I like. And this is kind of a big deal. I don't want to settle for something mediocre and then come up with something awesome a month later.

So I'm taking suggestions, especially from those of you that have actually seen my comic strip. For those of you that haven't, this is the premise. The main character, Beth (pretty much a more sarcastic and violent version of me), works in fast food and has to survive the trials and tribulations of that job. There are allies and enemies, friends with good intentions, gargoyles that live on the roof, occasionally a talking dog, and one very creepy coworker. Okay, that doesn't do it justice, but it's a start.

Help.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    In my experience, with picking band names, you just need to find something acceptable and run with it. You'll stop thinking about it after a while. Try something brash but superficial, like Ghost World or Cowboy Bebop or Life in Hell.

     
  • At 8:46 AM , Blogger colonel eggroll said...

    Eddie and I might go as a cowboy and saloon girl. I thought that was a pretty cool idea. Also it would give me an excuse to buy an awesome dress.

     
  • At 8:57 PM , Blogger Winter said...

    Mark - thanks for your advice. I've picked something, everyone so far has been like "yeah, that's really good", so...go me I guess. :)

    Col. Eggroll - That's a cool idea, I still haven't made up my mind yet.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home