Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Ok, so the party wasn't as crazy as I imagined. My friends came over and hung out for about 2 hours, and we were actually all drunk by the one hour mark. Even B-rad who always is solid as a rock when I've seen him drinking said that he was getting tipsy. Some of them went out to the bar after leaving and there were some shenanigans, which I am sad to say I missed seeing. The nacho dip, enchiladas, and peanut butter pie all turned out to be supremely delicious. A lot of work had to go into those damn pies. I made them once before, and for the life of me I couldn't get the peanut butter to go all crumbly when I mixed it with the sugar that time or this time. So, I called my father, who is the expert. Actually I had to call him twice. During the second call I asked if perhaps he was putting more sugar in than the recipe calls for (the recipe that I copied exactly from the book he gave me). I told him what I was using and I was told to "put that science experiment down" because I didn't have the right amounts at all. I was also missing another ingredient from the filling entirely. Helps if you have the right recipe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home