Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Evil-mart. Work.

My town’s local wal-mart was recently upgraded/replaced with a Super Wal-mart. That’s like going from eating eggs, cheese and bacon with a side of fries and Ranch dressing for every meal to just injecting the cholesterol directly into your aorta. I’m not sure what they were going for with this new color scheme. The outside has two shades of brown, and the inside is also brown. Walls, floor, everything is brown. It’s like everybody’s favorite kids from the Brown family Khaki and Beige went on a 3-day bender, Khaki knocked Beige up, and this is the resulting inbred, crack-baby offspring of that unholy union.

We have a new creepy guy at work. I am very unhappy about this because I’ve realized that it takes an incredible amount of work to make these people not like me enough to leave me alone. It seems no matter how evil I am to them, they keep coming back for more. And when I don’t talk to them they pester me to know what is wrong. When imitating Newcreepyguy we give him a Silence of the Lambs voice (“put the lotion in the basket” type thing), it’s not 100% accurate, but it really coveys the feeling you get when he’s talking to you. The other day B-rad and I were talking before coming on for our shift, Newcreepguy comes over and sits down and just stares at us as were talking. He got up and left and I said, “He’s so Creepy!” B-rad said, “I know!” and they Newcreepyguy comes back over resumes staring at us. Another thing he likes to do is ask people what time they work until. I want to scream at him, “I’m not walking to my car alone later!”
The other day I asked Newcreepyguy to do something that was part of his job. He said, “What’s the magic word?” in possibly the creepiest voice evAR.
So I said, “I’ll get it myself.”
He then indignantly said, “I’m just playin.”
We are not friends Newcreepyguy. We do not play, tease, jest, or joke. And I’d really prefer if you never spoke to me again, ever.

The other day a coworker, whom I will call Bert, came up to get something and was standing rather close to me. I made some comment about how close he was and he apologized for “being in my bubble.”
I said, “I don’t have a bubble; I have kill zones.”
I can't figure out why my coworkers are terrified of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home