Welcome to the Event Horizon

Event Horizon - n. the boundary around a black hole on and within which no matter can escape.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Drunks in Number Six

Yesterday I moved into a new apartment with a friend of mine. We had been living in different units in the same building before; we moved across the parking lot to share an apartment in a different building. Moving less than a hundred feet has a lot of benefits I'll tell. Some of my friends helped me move in (Thanks forever guys!). I took a break last night to buy pizza and beer for them. When I returned (around midnight) to empty my old refrigerator and vacuum I met some of my new neighbors from the floor below me. They had rounded up some chairs that other people moving out had tossed and were drinking beer in the the parking lot.
On one of my trips upstairs I found the two guys trying to move a sofa up the stairs. The girl was watching them struggle with it. This time of year there's a lot of people moving out, especially this weekend, so you get a lot of cast off furniture. Personally I avoid couches and chairs whose pedigree I do not know. "You guys doing a little redecorating tonight?" I asked. "Shut up, we're DRUNK!" they shouted in reply.
Girl: "There's a stain on that couch!"
Guy #1: "Who cares! We're gonna Lysol it!"
Guy #2: "It's shaped like a penis!"
Guy #1: "LYSOL!"
I figure that they woke this morning looking at the extra furniture thinking Where the hell did this stuff come from?
Ah, the joys of living in a college town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home